RPP is currently looking for a policy researcher in our Brussels Office to work on EU and Polish policy.
RPP is a consultancy founded in 2002, focused on policy creation, development and communication, and delivering new conceptual services in the area of public policy. We have grown to be one of the most respected and well-established independent policy service providers. Our topical focus and expertise lies in healthcare, all aspects of internal market and trade policy, digital policy, research and innovation, social policy, and related trade and market access issues.
The policy researcher will be fully immersed in ongoing advocacy projects, requiring close client interaction and strong teamwork. This would offer the right candidate an opportunity to take over a degree of autonomy and work particularly towards expanding our work in Poland.
- Fast paced role engaging on major projects;
- Client engagement role, supporting and implementing strategies;
- Engagement with the Polish and EU political institutions, advocating on behalf of clients;
- Direct work and engagement with pan-European projects;
- Opportunity to profile an entrepreneurial spirit in a growing office;
- Full-time contract with competitive salary.
Activities and tasks shall include:
- Monitoring and Analysis of political developments and policy dossiers in the EU and in Poland to form advice for clients and to shape future advocacy work;
- Reporting on meetings and events in the European institutions that you will attend;
- Supporting project development and implementation;
- Client interaction and reporting;
- Organisation and coordination of meetings and events in Poland;
- Active engagement with the European consulting team to deliver high quality deliverables on large pan-European projects with a range of stakeholders;
The candidate should fulfil one or more the following criteria:
- An academic degree in preferably political sciences, law, or communications. A secondary degree in any of the above would be considered an advantage;
- Relevant work experience in the field of political advocacy in order to fit quickly into a fast-paced work environment and take on responsibility;
- A background in a political body would be considered beneficial, with in-depth knowledge of the workings of Polish and EU political systems being essential.
Furthermore, the candidate is expected to bring in the following capabilities:
- An excellent command of written and spoken Polish and English (working languages);
- Excellent social and communication skills, most importantly in drafting comprehensive but concise analysis of political developments and trends to inform project work;
- A strong team player is a must and the candidate is expected to contribute to a friendly office atmosphere;
- Ability to work independently and take on responsibility quickly;
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to handle several tasks and requests at once.
We offer a completive salary with a range of benefits which make RPP both a rewarding and a fun place to work. The Consultant would start as soon as possible and will be granted a standard employment contract. Regular performance reviews could also allow for a quick progression through the firm into increased responsibility.
What to do next?
Please send a copy of your CV with a cover letter addressed to Lutz Dommel at email@example.com with the title ‘Researcher Application’ no later than 27 July 2018.
In your cover letter, please highlight why you have chosen to apply at RPP and why you would be interested in working with us on our priority policy topics.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Generic applications will not be processed.