RPP Group is currently looking for a junior researcher in Brussels to support the team working on public health and policy at European level as well as assist in basic IT support for the office.
RPP Group is a consultancy focused on policy creation, development and communication. RPP Healthcare was established as Rohde Public Policy in 2002 with the goal of delivering new conceptual services in the area of public policy, and has grown to be one of the most respected and well-established independent policy service providers. Our topical focus and expertise lies in healthcare, research and innovation, social policy, and related trade and market access issues.
The junior position will involve the monitoring and reporting of developments in EU. This information will be analysed and processed by the successful candidate in close collaboration with RPP’s senior staff.
Activities and tasks shall include:
- Covering and reporting on political developments in the EU;
- Tracking of EU relevant dossiers;
- Detailed monitoring of developments on public health and policy at European level including public health stakeholders and policy makers;
- Reporting on meetings and events in the European institutions that you will attend;
- Servicing and supporting consultants regularly with specifically processed information, and also supporting them with ad-hoc requests and advice;
- Installation and maintenance of software and hardware components;
- Assisting in IT administrator tasks;
- Hardware stock management.
The candidate should fulfil at least one of the following criteria:
- An interest in health and/or social affairs topics (to be elaborated in your application);
- An academic degree (or comparable) in preferably political sciences, law or communications.
- Relevant experience leading into:
- Proven knowledge of the working of the European Union;
Furthermore, the candidate is expected to bring in the following capabilities:
- An excellent command of written and spoken English (working language) is a prerequisite;
- Excellent social and communication skills, most importantly in drafting comprehensive but concise research papers;
- A strong team player is a must and the candidate is expected to contribute to a friendly office atmosphere;
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to handle several requests in a proper, timely fashion;
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- In-depth knowledge of hardware and software configuration.
The contract (convention d’immersion professionnelle) would start ASAP and for a period of up-to 6 months. Regular performance reviews could also allow identifying candidates for full-time employment.
This position is remunerated and is in full compliance with Belgian employment law.
Please send a copy of your CV with a cover letter addressed to James Kennedy at recruiting(at)rpp-group.com
Generic applications will not be processed.