RPP Group is currently looking for an Junior Researcher in London to support the team working on public health and policy at UK level. We are a consultancy focused on policy creation, development and communication with the goal of delivering new conceptual services in the area of public policy. The internship will involve the monitoring and reporting of developments in UK policies and stakeholders to Senior RPP staff.
Activities include the following:
- Covering and reporting on political developments in the UK and the Devolved Regions;
- Detailed monitoring of developments on public health and policy at UK and Devolved Government level, including public health stakeholders and policy makers;
- Reporting on meetings and events in the UK Parliament that you will attend;
- Tracking of Parliamentary Questions, Parliamentary Motions and other relevant dossiers;
- Servicing and supporting consultants regularly with specifically processed information, and also supporting them with ad-hoc requests and advice.
- Communicating developments in the UK with European team
- Collaborating with colleagues from offices across Europe to deliver high-quality pan-European advocacy programmes
The candidate should fulfil at least one of the following criteria:
- An interest in health, nutrition and/or social affairs topics (to be elaborated in your application);
- An academic degree (or comparable) in preferably political sciences, law, UK politics or communications;
- A background in the British government or experience with its institutions would be considered advantageous
- Relevant experience leading into;
- Proven knowledge of the working of the UK Parliament and/or Parliamentary institutions;
- Understanding of the healthcare environment through experience in healthcare settings, healthcare policy or the healthcare industry.
- Furthermore, the candidate is expected to bring in the following capabilities:
- Excellent social and communication skills, most importantly in drafting comprehensive but concise research papers;
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to handle several requests in an effective and timely fashion;
- Experience in digital and social media and their application in progressive government relations programmes would be a considerable advantage;
The internship will last at least three months, depending on the candidate’s performance. Interviews will take place shortly afterwards, but there may be an appointment before.
Please send a copy of your CV with a Cover Letter addressed to Kit Greenop at recruiting(at)rpp-group.com by 26 October at the latest. Generic applications will not be processed.