RPP is currently looking for a Consultant in our Berlin Office.
RPP is a consultancy focused on policy creation, development and communication. RPP was established as Rohde Public Policy in 2002 with the goal of delivering new conceptual services in the area of public policy, and has grown to be one of the most respected and well-established independent policy service providers. Our topical focus and expertise lies in healthcare, research and innovation, social policy, and related trade and market access issues.
The Consultant position will involve taking a leading role on projects in the public health field with including close client interaction and a strong external role. This role would offer the right candidate an opportunity to take over a strong degree of autonomy and work towards expanding our German and international teams.
This position requires that you are absolutely fluent in German – both written and orally and that you possess a strong knowledge of the German healthcare system.
- Fast paced externally facing role on major projects in the field of healthcare
- Client management role, building and implementing strategies
- Engagement with the German political institutions, advocating on behalf of clients
- Direct work with senior management and engagement with pan-European projects
- Opportunity to profile an entrepreneurial spirit in a growing office
- Full-time contract with competitive salary
Activities and tasks shall include:
- Analysis of political developments and policy dossiers in Germany to form advice for clients and to shape future advocacy work;
- Client management and strategy development
- Organisation and coordination of meetings and events in the German political institutions;
- Active engagement with the European healthcare team to deliver high quality deliverables on large pan-European projects with a range of stakeholders;
- Close interaction with senior leadership to build additional skills in advocacy to enhance the successful applicant’s ability to take on further leadership roles.
The candidate should fulfil one or more the following criteria:
- An academic degree in preferably political sciences, law, or communications. A secondary degree in any of the above would be considered an advantage
- 2-3 years of work experience in the field of political advocacy in order to fit quickly into a fast-paced work environment and quickly take on responsibility
- A background in a political body would be considered beneficial with an in-depth knowledge of the workings of German political system as essential
- An interest and active background in health policy (to be elaborated in your application)
Furthermore, the candidate is expected to bring in the following capabilities:
- An excellent command of written and spoken German (working language) - a good working knowledge of one or more other languages would be considered an advantage;
- Excellent social and communication skills, most importantly in drafting comprehensive but concise analysis of political developments and trends to inform project work;
- A strong team player is a must and the candidate is expected to contribute to a friendly office atmosphere;
- Ability to work independently and take on responsibility quickly;
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to handle several tasks and requests at once
The Consultant would start as soon as possible and will be granted a standard employment contract. Regular performance reviews could also allow for a quick progression through the firm into increased responsibility.
What to do next?
Please send a copy of your CV with a cover letter addressed to Lutz Dommel at l.dommel(at)rpp-group.com with the title ‘Consultant Application’ no later than 28 September 2020.
In your cover letter, please highlight why you have chosen to apply at RPP and why you would be interested in working with us on our priority policy topics.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Generic applications will not be processed.