RPP Healthcare is currently looking for a Public Affairs Consultant in Canberra/Sydney
RPP is a leading European lobbying and advocacy consultancy focused on policy creation, development and communication with a strong focus on healthcare.
We need a Consultant, to further develop a successful public affairs programme that is moving to an important stage and requires local management and implementation. The position would suit an ambitious and motivated professional who is looking to grow their career and build on the foundations of RPP’s Australian presence.
- Manage a successful multi year project
- Engagement with the Australian political and healthcare institutions, advocating on behalf of clients,
- Direct work with head of Global HQ Office in Brussels
- Fast paced externally facing role on major projects in the field of healthcare
- Opportunity to profile an entrepreneurial spirit in a growing company
- Full-time contract with competitive salary
- Client management role, building and implementing strategies
Activities and tasks shall include:
- Client representation
- Analysis of political developments and policy dossiers in Australia to advise clients and to shape future advocacy work;
- Client management and strategy development
- Organisation and coordination of meetings and events in Canberra political institutions;
- Active engagement with the European healthcare team to deliver high quality deliverables with a range of stakeholders;
- Close interaction with senior leadership to build additional skills in advocacy to enhance the successful applicant’s ability to take on further leadership roles.
The candidate should fulfil one or more the following criteria:
- An academic degree, preferably in political sciences, law, or communications. A secondary degree in any of the above would be considered an advantage
- Experience within a political body would be considered beneficial and it is essential to have an in-depth knowledge of the workings of the Australian political system
- 2-3 years of work experience in the field of health policy and political advocacy in order to fit quickly into a successful on-going project
- An interest and active background in health policy (to be elaborated in your application); and experience in healthcare policy would be considered an advantage
Furthermore, the candidate is expected to bring in the following capabilities:
- An excellent command of written and spoken English (working language) - a good working knowledge of one or more other languages would be considered an advantage;
- Excellent social and communication skills, most importantly in drafting comprehensive but concise analysis of political developments and trends to inform project work;
- A strong team player;
- Ability to work independently and take on responsibility quickly;
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to handle several tasks and requests at once
The Consultant would start as soon as possible and will be granted a standard employment contract. Regular performance reviews could also allow for a quick progression through the firm into increased responsibility.
What to do next?
Either apply through Linkedin or send a copy of your CV with a cover letter addressed to Charles Waller at recruiting(at)rpp-group.com with the title ‘Consultant Application’ no later than 15 September 2018
In your cover letter, please highlight why you have chosen to apply at RPP Group and why you would be interested in working with us on our priority policy topics.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Generic applications will not be processed.