Intern for policy and government affairs in our Paris office
RPP France is currently looking for an intern in Paris to support the team working on policy and government affairs (healthcare, food and agricultural policy, environment, and other potential sectors).
RPP Group is a consultancy focused on policy creation, development and communication. RPP Healthcare was established as Rohde Public Policy in 2002 with the goal of delivering new conceptual services in the area of public policy, and has grown to be one of the most respected and well-established independent policy service providers. Our topical focus and expertise lies in healthcare, research and innovation, social policy, and related trade and market access issues.
The internship will involve the monitoring and reporting of developments in French policies and parliamentary activities, and the stakeholders who are involved. This information will be analysed and processed by the successful candidate in close collaboration with RPP’s senior staff.
Activities and tasks shall include:
- Covering and reporting on political developments in France;
- Detailed monitoring of developments on public health and policy at national level, including public health or other stakeholders and policy makers;
- Reporting on meetings and events in the French Institutions that you will attend;
- Tracking of Parliamentary Questions, parliamentary reports, legislative proposals, Government communications and other relevant dossiers;
- Servicing and supporting consultants regularly with specifically processed information, and also supporting them with ad-hoc requests and advice;
The candidate should fulfil the following criteria:
- An academic degree (or comparable) in preferably political sciences, law, or communications.
- A background (e.g. internship) in a French institution;
- A background in the French government or experience with its institutions.
- Relevant experience leading into proven knowledge of the working of the French institutions;
- Relevant experience in communications, in particular social media;
- An interest in health, nutrition and/or social affairs topics (to be elaborated in your application) would be an advantage;
Furthermore, the candidate is expected to bring in the following capabilities:
- An excellent command of written and spoken English (working language) is a prerequisite;
- Excellent social and communication skills, most importantly in drafting comprehensive but concise research papers;
- A strong team player is a must and the candidate is expected to contribute to a friendly office atmosphere;
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to handle several requests in a proper, timely fashion;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
The internship would start ASAP and for a period of 6 months. Regular performance reviews would take place. This position is remunerated as an internship, and is in full compliance with French employment law.
What to do next? Please send a copy of your CV with a cover letter addressed to Salomé Chelli at S.Chelli@rpp-group.com
Generic applications will not be processed.