EUROPEAN AND POLISH PUBLIC AFFAIRS SENIOR CONSULTANT
RPP Public Affairs is currently looking to augment our team. We seek a public affairs specialist to work on Polish and EU affairs at a Senior Consultant or Consultant level. This position is also open to independent consultants.
RPP Group is a public affairs consultancy focused on policy creation and development. Established in 2002 as Rohde Public Policy, the RPP Group aims to deliver new conceptual services in public policy, and has grown to be one of the most respected and well-established independent policy service providers. Deeply rooted in the European healthcare environment, we have gradually expanded our range of services and practice areas.
The topical focus and expertise of RPP Public Affairs lies in technology, healthcare services, environment and social policy. Our Brussels work principally encompasses EU policy and we have a growing Polish portfolio of clients and projects.
The position will require an active and leading contribution to team-working in the EU and Polish public affairs, with opportunities to translate strong analytical work into meaningful contributions to shaping strategies and impacting EU and targeted national policies.
Activities and tasks would include:
- Lead and coordinate a team of colleagues working at European and Polish level from Brussels or Poland (depending on the candidate’s profile)
- Actively seize new business opportunities and participate in the growth of the Public Affairs Practice
- In-depth analysis of political developments and policy dossiers in the EU and from countries of interest to provide advice for clients and to shape future advocacy work
- Coordination of meetings and events, mainly in Brussels and Warsaw
- Client management and strategy development
- Active support of the public affairs team to deliver high quality deliverables on large and exciting projects with a range of stakeholders
- Close interaction with the firm’s senior leadership to build additional skills in advocacy to enhance the successful applicants’ ability to take on further responsibility.
The candidates should fulfil the following criteria:
- 3-6 years of relevant experience in public affairs and policy; preferably having worked in a consultancy, EU institution, company or NGO
- An academic degree in preferably political sciences, law, public health, European studies or communications; a secondary degree in any of the above would be considered an advantage
- Excellent client and interpersonal skills; ability to manage independent client relationships and communicate effectively by phone, email, and in-person
- An in-depth knowledge of the EU decision making process and a strong understanding of Polish public affairs environment
Furthermore, the candidate is expected to bring the following capabilities:
- An excellent command of written and spoken English (working language), native Polish speaker; good command of any other EU language is a plus
- Ability to manage and train a team of more junior colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Entrepreneurial spirit working towards continually developing and expanding new business
- Good social and communication skills, most importantly in drafting comprehensive but concise analysis of political developments and trends to inform project work
- The ability to work on a wide range of policy issues and quickly learn new topics
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to handle several tasks and requests at once
- A strong team player is a must and the candidate is expected to contribute to a friendly office atmosphere
- Experience in digital and social media and their application in progressive government relations programmes would be a considerable advantage
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
The successful candidate would start as soon as possible. The successful candidate will be offered a full-time employment or an independent consultant contract depending on the candidate’s profile.
What we offer:
You can expect to be part of a dynamic, motivated and growing team. We offer a full-time position in a collaborative environment and friendly office atmosphere, with mentorship and training as well as competitive salary and benefits. Regular performance reviews could also allow for progression through the firm and increased responsibility.
What to do next:
Please send a copy of your CV with a cover letter addressed to Andrew Johnson at jobs(at)rpp-group.com with the title ‘European and Polish Public Affairs Application’.
The application should arrive as soon as possible but in any event no later than 31 August 2017.
Only successful candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Generic applications will not be processed.