intern for public health and policy in our Brussels office
RPP Group is currently looking for an intern in Brussels to support the team working on public health and policy at European level and also our growing work in Belgium.
RPP Group is a consultancy focused on policy creation, development and communication. RPP Healthcare was established as Rohde Public Policy in 2002 with the goal of delivering new conceptual services in the area of public policy, and has grown to be one of the most respected and well-established independent policy service providers. Our topical focus and expertise lies in healthcare, research and innovation, social policy, and related trade and market access issues.
The internship will involve the monitoring and reporting of developments in European Union policies and the stakeholders who are involved. This information will be analysed and processed by the successful candidate in close collaboration with RPP’s senior staff.
Activities and tasks shall include:
- Covering and reporting on political developments in the EU and Belgium;
- Detailed monitoring of developments on public health and policy at European and Belgian national level, including public health stakeholders and policy makers;
- Reporting on meetings and events in the European Institutions that you will attend;
- Tracking of Parliamentary Questions, written declarations and other relevant dossiers;
- Servicing and supporting consultants regularly with specifically processed information, and also supporting them with ad-hoc requests and advice;
The candidate should fulfil at least one of the following criteria:
- An interest in health, nutrition and/or social affairs topics (to be elaborated in your application);
- An academic degree (or comparable) in preferably political sciences, law, European studies or communications.
- A background (e.g. internship) in a European Union institution;
- A background in the Belgian government or experience with its institutions.
- Relevant experience leading into:
- Proven knowledge of the working of the European and/or Belgian institutions;
- Understanding of the healthcare environment through experience in healthcare settings, healthcare policy or the healthcare industry.
Furthermore, the candidate is expected to bring in the following capabilities:
- An excellent command of written and spoken English (working language) is a prerequisite;
- Good working knowledge of written and spoken Dutch is essential, and French would be an advantage;
- Excellent social and communication skills, most importantly in drafting comprehensive but concise research papers;
- A strong team player is a must and the candidate is expected to contribute to a friendly office atmosphere;
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to handle several requests in a proper, timely fashion;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
The internship would start ASAP and for a period of 6 months. Regular performance reviews could also allow identifying candidates for full-time employment.
This position is remunerated and is in full compliance with Belgian employment law.
What to do next?
Please send a copy of your CV with a cover letter addressed to James Kennedy at email@example.com
Generic applications will not be processed.