European Healthcare Public Affairs Senior Consultant and Consultant
RPP Healthcare is currently looking to augment our Healthcare public affairs team in Brussels. We seek two healthcare specialists at Senior Consultant or Consultant levels.
RPP Healthcare is the core practice area of the RPP Group, a public affairs consultancy focused on policy creation and development. Established in 2002 as Rohde Public Policy, the RPP Group aims to deliver new conceptual services in public policy, and has grown to be one of the most respected and well-established independent policy service providers. The topical focus and expertise of RPP Healthcare lies in healthcare, research and innovation, social policy, and related trade and market access issues. Our Brussels work principally encompasses EU policy and we have a growing Belgian portfolio of clients and projects.
The position will require an active and leading contribution to team-working in the EU and Belgian public health fields, but also to the broader public affairs team, with opportunities to translate strong analytical work into meaningful contributions to shaping strategies and impacting EU and targeted national policies.
Activities and tasks would include:
- In-depth analysis of healthcare political developments and policy dossiers in the EU and from countries of interest to provide advice for clients and to shape future advocacy work;
- Organisation and coordination of meetings and events in the European Institutions;
- Ability to provide consulting services on the Belgian healthcare sector will be considered an asset;
- Client management and strategy development;
- Active support of the public health team to deliver high quality deliverables on large and exciting projects with a range of stakeholders;
- Close interaction with the firm’s senior leadership to build additional skills in advocacy to enhance the successful applicants’ ability to take on further responsibility:
- Experience in modern communications tools, including social and digital media, is important.
The candidates should fulfil the following criteria:
- An academic degree in preferably political sciences, law, European studies or communications. A secondary degree in any of the above would be considered an advantage;
- Work experience in the field of political advocacy/consultancy is essential to fit quickly into a fast-paced work environment and quickly take on responsibility – three to five years’ experience is required;
- An in-depth knowledge of the workings of the EU is essential; A background in a European Union institution would be considered beneficial;
- An interest and active background in health policy (to be elaborated in your application); and experience in healthcare policy.
Furthermore, the candidate is expected to bring the following capabilities:
- An excellent command of written and spoken English (working language), good working experience in Dutch and/or French is a plus;
- Experience in digital and social media and their application in progressive government relations programmes would be a considerable advantage;
- Good social and communication skills, most importantly in drafting comprehensive but concise analysis of political developments and trends to inform project work ;
- The ability to transfer consulting skills from the healthcare sector to other public affairs projects;
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to handle several tasks and requests at once;
- A strong team player is a must and the candidate is expected to contribute to a friendly office atmosphere;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
The successful candidate would start as soon as possible and will be granted a full Belgian employment contract. Regular performance reviews could also allow for progression through the firm and increased responsibility.
What to do next?
Please send a copy of your CV with a cover letter addressed to Charles Waller at jobs(at)rohdepublicpolicy.com with the title ‘European Healthcare Public Affairs Application’.
The application should arrive as soon as possible but in any event no later than 27 January 2017.
In your cover letter, please highlight why you have chosen to apply to Rohde Public Policy, why you would be interested in working with us on our priority policy topics and an indication of whether you wish to be considered as a Senior Consultant and/or a Consultant.
Only successful candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Generic applications will not be processed.